Wednesday, December 8, 2010

Trust me

Trust me. Those are the words God has been laying on my heart since I could begin to think...I think. Really, they are the words he says to everyone.

Trust me. Now, why is that so hard? Rather, why do I make it so hard? Still, I am not sure why. This whole college experience thing has been a kick in my butt, if I'm honest with myself. I have grown more than I would've liked [sarcasm]. I was quite comfortable with myself...really, I was. But God had other plans for me. He is pushing my buttons, the buttons he made and knows to push because he knows everything about me. He knows that if he pushes those buttons I will grow. He knows what makes me feel sad, happy, joyful, whole, confused, tired and angry (believe it or not, I get angry once in a while).

Trust me. Now, here's the thing I've forgotten and am just beginning to realize again. He pushes my buttons with love. For a long time I forgot that God loves me. Now, how could I ever forget that? Remember that time you thought the world was over and everything was going terribly and you couldn't see how things could ever work out? That's when you forgot that God loves you. It creeps in there. God loves me so unconditionally, so radically, so fully, so...much. He slathers it on thick. Definition of slather according to my computer: [to spread or smear thickly or liberally]. God truly slathers it on. Just look at his Word. Look at his Creation. How he loves us.

Trust me. He loves you too. He loves everyone of us more than we could ever ask for or imagine. His love is higher, deeper, wider, and longer than we could ever fathom [measure the depth of] - Eph. 3:17-19.

Trust me. I'm learning Father. I'm learning to daily reach out my hands in faith knowing that you will love me, lead me, and treasure me in your hand.

No comments:

Post a Comment